'Arena' means RAC Arena, Western Australia;
'Entrant' means any person who enters the Arena at any time whatsoever;
'Event' means an event conducted at the Arena;
'Owner' means the owner (VenuesWest), the manager of the Arena (AEG Ogden (RAC Arena) Pty Ltd) or any of their respective agents;
'Patron' means an Entrant who attends an Event, whether as the holder of a ticket or otherwise;
'Hirer' means the business entity licensed to use the Arena to present the Event.
1. The Hirer is responsible for all aspects of an Event. All complaints and claims arising out of or in connection with an Event, including but not limited to admittance to and seating at the Event, shall be directed to the Hirer.
2. If under the legal drinking age, an Entrant shall not purchase and/or consume any alcohol at the Arena and if of legal drinking age, the Entrant shall not consume such quantity of alcohol which would be unlawful whilst the Entrant is, or as if the Entrant were, in control of a motor vehicle in Western Australia.
3. The RAC Arena is a Liquor Licenced area and as such, Alcohol may only be consumed in those areas at the Arena which clearly indicate that alcohol consumption is permitted. The consumption of alcohol within the Arena’s grounds is prohibited and the following provisions apply:
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken from the Venue / Licenced Premises
- No external alcoholic beverages will be permitted entry to the Venue / Licenced Premises
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry/evicted from the Venue / Licenced Premises
- Alcohol may not be permitted inside the auditorium at some events
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and / or consume alcohol at RAC Arena
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for, or to supply liquor, to a minor
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to Police and penalties apply under legislation
4. Patrons required to show a valid identification (ID) as proof of identity must produce one of the following acceptable forms of ID:
- A current Passport with a photograph
- A current Australian Drivers Licence with a photograph
- A Western Australian Proof Of Age card
5. On some occasions all drinks maybe decanted. Patrons are advised that drink spillages could occur in which case the floor may become slippery
6. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Arena. Entrants who smoke in the Arena may commit an offence under the Tobacco Products Control Regulations 2006 to which fines apply. Entrants who fail to obey a direction from the Owner or another authorized person to cease smoking in the Arena or to leave the Arena while smoking may be immediately evicted from the Arena.
7. A promoter or its agents or the Owner or its agents may in their absolute discretion conduct searches of Patrons for any items carried by Patrons which are prohibited by law or prohibited by the Hirer's or Owner's terms of admission. Unless expressly authorised by the Owner, possession of the following items is prohibited at the Arena: weapons; controlled, dangerous or illegal substances; aerosols; lasers; glow-sticks (chemical), long chains, studded belts, motor bike helmets, alcohol; bottles and cans; eskies (inside the Arena building only); audio and/or visual recording (both video and audio recordings), broadcasting or transmission equipment, still (cameras with a detachable lens larger than 55mm), movie or television cameras.
8. The following items MAY NOT be brought into RAC Arena and management reserves the right to add or remove these items on occasions
- Open drink containers
- Cans, bottles or containers
- Musical instruments such as whistles/horns/drums and vuvuzela type of noise making devices
- Weapons/knives/Fireworks/flares/laser lights/laser pointers/glowsticks
- Chains/large spiked wrist or neck bands/spiked or studded belts
- Bicycles/rollerblades/skateboards or scooters
- Prams/pushers/strollers or baby carriers
- Commercial food, chewing gum, eskies, boxes,
- Large flags or unauthorised signage or promotional products, signs may not be larger than 1m x 1m in size or with handles longer than 50cm in length.
- Selfie sticks
- Pens/Felt tip markers or aerosol cans
- Tennis balls/ golf balls / footballs / basketballs or the like
- Animals (apart from registered assistance dogs)
- Bags larger than A4 (including handbags, child and baby bags). For specific event bag restrictions see the relevant event page.
- Any other item that in the opinion of RAC Arena Management could cause harm or public nuisance
- Large umbrellas (such as golf umbrellas)
9. Due to RAC Arena’s In-house health policy, which governs food safety, external food and opened drinks are not permitted into the Arena
10. An Entrant shall not transmit or aid in transmitting any description, picture, account or reproduction of an Event without the authorisation of the Hirer and the Owner. If the Entrant makes such a transmission, description, picture, account or reproduction of an Event which is subsequently which is subsequently confiscated by the Hirer or the Owner or their agents, it shall become the property of the Owner. The Owner, the Hirer, their agents and licensees may utilise the Patrons image or likeness incidental to any photographic record, live or recorded video display or any other visual or audio transmission or reproduction in whole or in part of the Event.
11. Entrants voluntarily assume all risk of all damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury (fatal and non fatal), economic and consequential loss) whatsoever and howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Arena including damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other Entrants including Patrons, employees, agents or licensees of the Owner or Hirer or any other person or thing present at the Arena.
12. A Patron holding a ticket purchased for a ticketed Event at a concessional price must be prepared to produce proof of age or documentation justifying the concession when a ticket is presented for use.
13. Patrons who are late for an Event may not be admitted until there is a suitable break in the Event.
14. The Hirer and the Owner reserve the right to refuse admission to and eject from the Event without compensation any Entrant, whose conduct is, or is deemed by the Hirer, the Owner or their Agents, to be unlawful, disorderly or offensive, or who is not entitled to attend that Event. This can include those who are intoxicated, violent, quarrelsome, disorderly or maybe drug affected or in possession of illegal drugs/substance drugs
15. RAC Arena management reserves the right to refuse admission or service to any person or persons failing to comply with the following dress requirements
- Neat casual dress is to be worn at all time
- Footwear to be worn at all times
- A patron wearing any ‘colours” or “insignia” signifying belonging to any Outlaw Motor Cycle clubs (OMC’s) or other group as designated by Police, is prohibited from entering, or being in the Venue. This includes coats, T-shirts, scarfs, waistcoats, caps, patches etc that indicate a patron belongs to any of such OLMC’s or groups
16. The Hirer reserves the right, in good faith, to add, withdraw or substitute Event participants, and to vary seating arrangements, audience capacity, venues or program times as it deems necessary, and the Hirer's exercise of this right shall not entitle the Patron to make any claim whatsoever against the Hirer or the Owner.
17. The Hirer or the Owner may cancel, interrupt or stop the Event due to dangerous situations, adverse weather or any other causes beyond its reasonable control, and such cancellation, interruption or stopping of the Event shall not entitle the Patron to make any claim whatsoever against the Owner or against the Hirer except, in the case of the Hirer, for and limited to a ticket for a replacement Event if scheduled or a refund of the appropriate portion of the face price of the ticket if the Event is cancelled and not subsequently rescheduled.
18. The distribution of leaflets, selling of any goods, merchandise or tickets within the Arena and the forecourt areas is prohibited without the appropriate license and the permission of the Owner.
19. Persons entering the Venue without prior authorisation will be liable for prosecution
20. No refunds or exchanges are offered except in accordance with applicable laws and where expressly stated on the ticket. Refunds are made in accordance with the Live Performance Australia Code of Practice for Event Ticketing in Australia.
21. Patron must occupy the seat specified on their ticket
22. Patron maybe refused entry if they are in possession of stolen/fraudulent or cancelled tickets
23. Patron maybe removed from the Venue for moshing or crowd surfing or other similar prohibited activities
24. Patrons bringing personal belongings in to RAC Arena do so at their own risk. RAC Arena will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patrons personal belongings
25. The movement of patrons within the RAC Arena site will be subject to the monitoring of CCTV cameras. Patrons maybe filmed and / or photographed