Try this delicious reciep below using native bush ingredients!
- 40g quandong halves
- 200g butter, softened
- 125g light brown sugar
- 100g white sugar
- 200g roughly chopped local macadamia nuts
- 2 eggs
- 420g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 100g white chocolate
- 50 ml Water
- 50g Castor sugar
- Soak the quandong, remove and cook in a little syrup.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Fold in macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C
- Roll the dough into portions place onto grease proof paper
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with Aunty Dale’s jam, a sprinkle of icing sugar, and macadamia nuts.